Engineering Scholarship for Transfer Students
from a Maryland Community College
Are you a student excelling at a Maryland community college?
Clark Opportunity Transfer Scholars Program The A. James Clark School of Engineering at the University of Maryland is looking for
tomorrow’s leaders to invest in, today.
The Clark Opportunity Transfer Scholars Program offers a scholarship for four semesters
of study – and includes comprehensive academic, career, and research support provided to
all Clark School students.
TO BE ELIGIBLE, STUDENTS MUST:
· Be a student from a Maryland community college admitted to the Clark School
for the Fall 2018 semester.
· Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
· Demonstrate financial need as identified by the Free Application for Federal
Student Aid (FAFSA), and as determined by the UMD Office of Student Financial Aid.
Preference will be given to students who will be eligible to take junior-level engineering
coursework by Fall 2018.
TO APPLY, STUDENTS MUST:
· Complete the University of Maryland admissions application by the priority
deadline of March 1, 2018 for the Fall 2018 semester.
· Visit go.umd.edu/fst to submit the scholarship application no later than March 8, 2018.
SCHOLARSHIP REQUIREMENTS IN SUMMER 2018 INCLUDE:
· Major-specific academic coursework or seminars. On-campus housing or
transportation subsidies for scholars residing off-campus will be provided.
· Weekly Summer Bridge Program evening workshops during Session 2
(July 9 – August 17). This program is designed to provide an overview of
resources available to all engineering students. Bridge will be in addition
to the required summer academic courses/seminars.