Interested in transferring to American University?
Transition easily under the new Guaranteed Admission Agreement between American University and Montgomery College
What is a Guaranteed Admission Agreement?
A Guaranteed Admission Agreement offers students the opportunity to earn an Associate’s degree at Montgomery College, and earn a Bachelor’s degree at American University with an additional two or more years of study. Students have conditional guaranteed admission to American University, provided they meet the requirements of this agreement. Visit the website for the terms of the agreement: http://www.american.edu/admissions/transfer/GAA.cfm
Why transfer to American University under a Guaranteed Admission Agreement?
• Work with an AU academic advisor as soon as you submit a Letter of Intent to plan your course map
• All 60 credits from your Associate’s degree will transfer toward your 120 credit total
• Your Associate’s degree coursework will satisfy the AU General Education requirements
• Enter AU in the fall semester as part of a “cohort” of students
• Begin taking coursework in your major upon matriculation at AU Requirements:
1) Submit a Letter of Intent upon completion of 15 credit hours (an no more than 45 credit hours) at Montgomery College, by October 1
a. Note: this is a non-binding agreement – students may decide not to apply or enroll with AU at any time
2) Submit an application for admission by February 1
3) Have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 at the time of admission
4) Complete an Associate’s degree while remaining continuously enrolled at Montgomery College
5) Adhere to the student conduct codes of both Montgomery College and American University
Interested in signing a Letter of Intent? Need more information?
Megan K. Lintott Manager of Special Undergraduate Programs American University 4400 Massachusetts Avenue, NW 101E Leonard Hall Washington, DC 20016 (202) 885-6280 email@example.com